Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fear manifested



I had a horrible dream last night that social services came and took away Dillan.  Luke and I were so overwhelmed with preparing for Maddie and taking care of her, that we had started to neglect him.

I woke up realizing that we have so much to emotionally process and just praying that we can handle all of this while protecting our children.

BTW - my plan right now is to count on all of you to help take care of Dillan while Luke and I are back and forth in the hospital with Maddie.  Family should be here to help with the day to day, but spontaneous playdates, frequent visits, one on one attention, mental stimulation.  Its basically going to take everyone we know to help keep him happy and thriving.  And we are so blessed to have friends that we can count on to be here when we need you.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I know you will all handle it beautifully! Your dream just illustrates that you will take care of Dillan, because of your fear of neglecting him. You won't let it happen. I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete