Monday, December 5, 2011

Collaborative Poetry

So I would like to try a little experiment.  I could give you a bunch of background and context but I'm going to try not to.  Luke always jokes that everything with me comes with directions and instructions.  Then no one follows them and I get mad.  So I'm going to try to skip the directions and let you decide how to proceed.

The idea is that I will post a phrase (kind of like 3 minute fiction on NPR) and you will write back the very first thing that comes to mind. Long or short, beginning, middle or end.  Rhyme or no.   Depending on how good this turns out (and if anyone actually participates), I will self-publish all of the poetry and make the books available to you to purchase (at cost or a slight markup for charity....dang it, starting to add too much context).

Here is our first phrase:

"When I heard about your daughter..."


And here is my first entry:

When I heard about your daughter, the glass fell and shattered on the linoleum.

No comments:

Post a Comment