Back on Bed Rest
So this is familiar territory - I've mentioned on this blog that I was on bed rest with Dillan for 16 weeks. Today I start bed rest with Maddie which will last 2.5 weeks - super easy for us!
I started having contractions at about 3:15 this morning. They weren't real labor contractions - i could still talk and walk through them, but they were much much stronger then the braxton-hicks i've been having for weeks. Every 10 minutes for about 90 seconds and radiating up my back - so off to the hospital we went.
So at the hospital we established that we were definitely in a labor pattern but nothing was happening with my cervix (Thank God!). So they gave me a shot and some take home meds. No more work. No more exciting days out of bed. Scared my poor nurse at CHOMP so badly - she was very well aware of the dangers of having this baby anywhere except for at UCSF. The whole team there was great but we definitely gave them some early morning excitement.
Really looking forward to cuddling up with my little man and watching endless hours of movies - I'm hoping it will be great bonding time before we head up to UCSF for the real thing.
Please pray that we don't go into spontaneous labor. In addition to the hour or so it takes us to get to CHOMP once we drop off Dillan and drive over there, we'd still have to be transported up to UCSF and no one knows for sure how long that will take (assuming it will take less then the 3 hours to drive there). Plus spontaneous labor would really just mess with my plans to take care of everything and every one. If you know me at all, you know that I don't do well with huge changes in plans especially when they are unexpected.
Lisa - only 15 days to go!! Its so wonderful that you are this far along though I imagine that your life is in quite a bit of upheavel (both emotionally and physically).
ReplyDeleteI hope that things continue to progress as planned (you planned anyway) and that Maddie arrives with no more drama surrounding her.
Is there a planned induction date? I will be checking in frequently and thinking about you all.